Thursday, October 16, 2008

20 Things I Have Learned

A friend of mine did this on her blog, so I am apparently supposed to do it on mine.
Here ya go Rosie!


1) Every morning when I wake up, I have a choice. I can choose to be happy or I can choose to be grumpy. The choice I make will determine the course of my day and how I deal with its individual challenges. Why on earth would I choose to be grumpy?
2) Just when you think you have met the dumbest person on the planet, you’ll meet his idiot cousin.
3) Somewhere in between “I wonder what would happen if I….” and its immediate consequence is where hindsight should factor in. Because it doesn’t we spend a lot of time saying “Crap, what was I thinking?”
4) If you want something done, ask a busy person
5) I am quite likely the luckiest person on earth.
6) Without my fabulous friends and family, I would be a lot less lucky.
7) No matter how many times you tell your child that it is not a good idea to (insert ridiculous idea here), they are going to do it anyway.
8) You CAN indeed get Sharpie Marker off a cream-coloured couch
9) Don’t keep a cream-coloured couch and a Sharpie Marker in the same house.
10) 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
11) I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
12) People who have battled cancer deserve to be called Heroes.
13) We need a lot less Heroes.
14) A lot of problems can be solved on a 5km run
15) Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
16) Everyone needs a friend who listens to them. Everyone needs to learn how to be that friend.
17) When my children get up each morning, they seem to be on a mission to see which one can maim the other in the fastest time. But if anyone else tries to hurt their brother, all hell breaks loose. That’s what being a brother is all about.
18) If you listen to or think about the song “Stayin Alive” while performing CPR, then you have the right rhythm. Apparently the song has 103 beats a minute, which is the right amount of compressions for CPR.
19) Rick Mercer should run for Prime Minister. Or at least teach the bozos we elect how to run the government. See if you agree. http://www.rickmercer.com/blog/index.cfm/2008/10/15
20) I have a lot more left to learn

Jessica

1 comment:

Rosie : ) said...

Awesome, Jess! I love your 20 things. You always add so much humour and insight to your posts. :)