Sunday, July 13, 2008

Berry Berry Good

I have been itching to take the kids strawberry picking for quite some time. When Zachary was two and a half years old and I was pregnant with Corbett, my mom and I took him and it was so much fun! Corbett is now the same age Zachary was then, so we decided it was time. A friend of mine's parents own a farm in the area and he let me know that the strawberries were ready. We were able to go out there this weekend with some friends of ours and everyone had a great time!

I am not quite sure what to do with all those strawberries yet, but so far we have had a strawberry rhubarb pie, I made some freezer jam, and we each had a bowl of strawberries with sugar on top. I still have about 12-14 cups of berries left!


Zachary, Emma, Cassie, Raedah, and Corbett picking Strawberries!


Daddy and Corbett pause for a picture!


Zachary and Emma showing off their hard work!


And after that, the kids all got inked. They've been bugging us for tattoos, and we finally gave in!



Okay, seriously. Canadian Red Dragon, the tattoo shop where Jordan and I got our tattoos done was having an anniversary BBQ this afternoon so we stopped by to say hi. All proceeds from the event went to the Sudbury Food Bank. I always try to support the Food Bank, so I was happy to go! They were giving temporary tattoos to the kids. For the record, they had pretty butterflies, and kid-friendly tattoos. All four kids picked snakes. Corbett and Zachary were upset to hear that the tattoos wouldn't last forever, like Daddy and Mommy's. I am in SOOOO much trouble with those two!

Have a great week everyone!

Jessica

No comments: